Continuous Quality Improvement
Kids Health First strives to drive quality improvement by building consensus around important health care quality issues with community and medical healthcare leaders. Our approach: Measure-Analyze-Improve-Repeat. This process provides consistency and the highest quality of care and enhanced patient safety and experience, which are key tenets in the Patient-Centered Medica Home. We accomplish this through our joint efforts with our member physicians, other healthcare providers/organizations, and thought leaders across the state, by embracing advanced technology, and improving the coordination of effective and efficient care.
- Improve the health status for all children
- Promote accessibility to healthcare providers
- Provide cost-effective quality care
- Practice a culture of patient safety
Quality Utilization Management (QUM) Committee
The focus of the Quality Utilization Management Committee is two-fold involving both the community led initiatives and those related to the patient centered medical home.
The Following Goals are Included in These Efforts
- Create a community of consensus of care by cultivating relationships in the pediatric provider community
- Develop and standardize Clinical Practice and Referral Guidelines in collaboration with the medical community
- Focus on creating and implementing quality improvement activities emphasizing the Patient Centered Medical Home and primary care pediatrics
- Ensure and measure patient satisfaction
- Enhance the patient experience